100% GDPR Compliant File Sharing and Storage
Why is GPDR compliance important?
If you’re a professional working with organizations and individuals in Europe, it’s important that you comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). GDPR regulates how organizations collect and process personal data of EU residents.
Here are the GDPR requirements for safeguarding data:
- The controller and processor of data shall implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure data is protected while it’s being transferred, processed, and stored
- Data must be stored in the EU or within jurisdictions that have similar levels of data privacy
- Personal data should not be stored longer than necessary
- Access to data should be restricted to only those who have authorized access to the data
The European Commission describes personal information as any information that relates to an identified or identifiable living individual in the EU. Some examples of personal data include:
- Home addresses
- Email addresses
- Identification card numbers
- Location data (GPS)
- IP addresses
- Cookie IDs
- Data held by a hospital or doctor
What are the penalties for GDPR violations?
Fines for GPDR violations are categorized into two tiers.
For less severe violations, organizations can be fined up to 10 million euros, or 2% of their total global turnover of the preceding fiscal year, whichever is higher.
For more serious violations, organizations can be fined up to 20 million euros, or up to 4% of their total global turnover of the preceding fiscal year, whichever is higher.
More details on GDPR fines and penalties can be found here.
How does TitanFile improve GDPR compliance?
TitanFile helps you improve compliance with GDPR by enabling two-way 100% compliant file sharing and data storage.
When you share files through TitanFile, you’ll have confidence knowing that the files are encrypted in-transit and at-rest and stored on certified data centers in Canada or in Europe. The platform’s state-of-the-art security features ensure that files are protected at all times.
TitanFile also keeps track of all activity in detailed audit logs so you have proof-of-delivery and proof of access for all files and messages shared within the platform.
Ready to improve GDPR compliance at your workplace?
Other TitanFile Benefits
- State-of-the-art security
- Large file sharing and unlimited storage
- Blazing-fast upload speeds
- Easy-to-use platform
- Easy client and staff collaboration
- 100% GDPR compliance
- Outlook integration
- Amazing customer support