WCAG 2.1 Compliance
Why is WCAG 2.1 compliance important?
Any business that has operations online should ensure its websites are accessible to everyone. The WCAG 2.1 guidelines exist to make web content more accessible to people with disabilities, including but not limited to visual, auditory, and cognitive disabilities. The goal is to provide a single shared standard for web accessibility that meets the needs of individuals, businesses, and organizations globally.
Here is a quick summary of WCAG 2.1 requirements with regard to accessibility:
- Perceivable: Information and user interface components must be presentable to users in a way they can perceive
- Operable: User interface components and navigation must be operable
- Understandable: Information and the operation of the user interface must be understandable
- Robust: Content must be robust enough that it can be interpreted by a wide variety of user agents, including assistive technologies
- Conformance: The ability to conform to the requirements of WCAG 2.1 by becoming completely accessibility supported
What are the penalties for WCAG 2.1 violations?
Private businesses and federal agencies are not required by law to be compliant with WCAG 2.1 and therefore do not have penalties for non-compliance. However, they are expected to meet certain accessibility standards and failure to do so can result in accessibility lawsuits of up to $75,000 USD. WCAG 2.1 is the gold standard for web accessibility and should be followed.
How does TitanFile meet WCAG 2.1 compliance?
TitanFile’s mission is to democratize security by providing a secure and efficient way for individuals and businesses to share confidential information. To make that mission possible, TitanFile complies with WCAG 2.1 standards.
TitanFile was developed with the user experience in mind and has many features to ensure accessibility for everyone, regardless of whether or not the person has disabilities:
- All webpages are configured for users with assistive technology to read and navigate the site easier
- Each image on the platform has ALT text
- Text can be resized up to 200% without loss of content or structure
- TitanFile saves all user data when re-authenticating to prevent data loss
These are only a few of the ways that TitanFile ensures accessibility for everyone, and complies with WCAG 2.1.
Ready to improve file-sharing and accessibility for your staff and clients?
Get a 15-day free trial or book a demo today!
Other TitanFile Benefits
- State-of-the-art security
- Large file sharing and unlimited storage
- Blazing-fast upload speeds
- Easy-to-use platform
- Easy client and staff collaboration
- 100% HIPAA compliance
- Outlook integration
- Amazing customer support