Users Maintain Encryption Keys for Tighter Access Control in Integrated Law Firm Solution
San Francisco and Waterloo, Ontario, Jan. 28, 2014 – Putting the user firmly in control with hassle-free, hacker-proof security combined with powerful information sharing functionality, Hitachi Solutions America, Ltd. and TitanFile Inc. are announcing a collaborative communications system built for today’s corporate legal departments. Secure client communications are essential to successful law firm operations and the new joint effort allows confidential file sharing anytime, anywhere with the user maintaining control of the encryption key to further safeguard confidentiality.
“One way law firms can mitigate their risks and stand out from their competitors is to offer a higher level of security for their clients’ sensitive documents and an information sharing system that allows staff to provide better, faster and more convenient client service,” said Yuji Nakagawa, vice president, Security Solution Department of Hitachi Solutions America.
With the integrated solution, users will be able to directly control who can access and view files while conveniently sharing documents with clients, legal teams and company management. Sensitive files will automatically remain in an encrypted state as they are distributed across platforms or shared on mobile devices.
- With its client-side file encryption, Credeon Cloud Data Protection enhances TitanFile file sharing and collaboration services by applying highly-rated FIPS 140-2 certified encryption before files are shared or uploaded.
- Since the encryption key is protected with the user’s password, no one – not even Hitachi Solutions or TitanFile – can access the encrypted data without the owner’s authorization.
- Centralized user management makes it easy to add or remove users and groups through an intuitive security admin console.
- Role-based access control simplifies security functionality and audited user trails are maintained.
- Communications are recorded in historical sequence and can be used as evidence, if needed.
- With the system’s three layers of security, flexible BYOD policy and mobile capabilities, IT management can automate the enforcement of firm-specific risk and file sharing standards.
“Just superimposing a manual security scheme over existing information sharing applications often turns out to be expensive, frustrating and ineffective. The challenge is to provide an elegant solution with an easy-to-use, unified file sharing system that automatically protects files. TitanFile integrated with Hitachi Solutions’ Credeon Cloud Data Protection will bring this next generation of competitive, seamless functionality to law firms,” Nakagawa said.
Hitachi Solutions is a leading supplier of solutions-oriented IT services with more than 6.8 million licenses for its HIBUN security products at 6,500 businesses in over 35 countries. Its Credeon Cloud Data Protection application simplifies file-sharing security with easy-to-use, professional-strength encryption and other safeguards. TitanFile provides sophisticated file sharing and communications systems with built-in capabilities that make it easy to collaborate securely online.
Tony Abou-Assaleh, TitanFile CEO added, “Hitachi Solutions America has been a proven leader in cyber security for ten years with the vision to build advanced systems to meet future IT needs. Their Credeon Cloud Data Protection takes cloud security to a new level and this partnership strengthens TitanFile’s enterprise solution for regulated industries.”
The integrated solution will be shown February 4-6 at LegalTech New York 2014 at the New York Hilton. Hitachi Solutions America and TitanFile are co-exhibiting and will be available to answer questions at booth #537.
About Hitachi Solutions America, Ltd.
Hitachi Solutions America Ltd., established in 1991, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi Solutions, Ltd., and maintains headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in New York, San Diego and Irvine. Together with its parent company, Hitachi Solutions America is part of a global team of over 15,000 employees and provides value-driven services throughout the IT lifecycle, from systems planning to integration, operation and maintenance. For more information, please visit the company’s website at us.hitachi-solutions.com
Serving multiple clients in the legal space, TitanFile is focused on creating better ways for people to communicate and collaborate online without having to worry about security and privacy. Using TitanFile, legal professionals can set-up secure communication channels with clients or partners to share files and messages, track who accessed the shared information, as well as where, how, and when it was accessed. Granular security controls, end-to-end encryption, mobile access capabilities, and comprehensive audit trails all make TitanFile the best choice for secure communication. Company’s website: www.titanfile.com.
- As easy to use as email for staff and clients
- Lightning-fast upload speeds
- Send files of any size. No storage limitations