Why Bill C-51 Increases the Importance of Secure File Sharing Software for Legal Professionals
Posted by Tony Abou-Assaleh on May 8th, 2015
Does your law firm use an encryption program for electronic communication and document exchanges?
The passing of Bill C-51 – known as the anti-terrorism act – stresses the necessity of secure file sharing software.
Backed in the House of Commons by Liberal and Conservative votes, the bill allows the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) to exceed its previous information-gathering powers.
In doing so, government bodies and law enforcement agencies can access Canadians’ private data and communications.
David Fraser, a privacy lawyer and member of TitanFile’s board of directors, was interviewed by Canadian Lawyer Magazine about the act’s impact on Canadian law firms.
The interview discusses how secure file sharing software for lawyers can help keep case- and client-related information confidential in light of the new bill. It also demonstrates how law firms can proactively encrypt sensitive data.
This information is undoubtedly useful, even for legal firms outside of Canada.
>> With secure servers in Canada, the U.S., and Europe, TitanFile is a secure file sharing service that helps legal professionals protect confidential data. Contact us today to learn more.
Like this post? You’ll also enjoy:
- Leveraging TitanFile for Solo Law Practice Efficiency
- What Email Can’t Do for a Lawyer
- The Three Largest Data Breaches of 2014
- Confidential Information Leaks and Your Employees - August 28, 2018
- TitanFile at ILTACON 2018 - July 24, 2018
- TitanFile and GDPR FAQ - May 22, 2018
- TitanFile Releases New Features - June 23, 2015
- TitanFile Enjoys Successful LegalSEC SUMMIT - June 18, 2015
- China Hacks U.S. Government Servers: How Government Files Can Stay Secure - June 10, 2015
- Why Your BYOD Policy Must Include Secure File Sharing Software - May 13, 2015
- Why Bill C-51 Increases the Importance of Secure File Sharing Software for Legal Professionals - May 8, 2015
- Don’t Compromise Between Security and Usability in Secure File Sharing Software - May 3, 2015
- TitanFile Presents Secure File Sharing Software to Legal and Insurance Professionals - April 30, 2015