What is a secure client portal?
A secure client portal or customer portal is a cloud sharing solution that enables professionals to confidently exchange privileged information with their clients in a secure communication channel.
Files shared in a secure client portal are encrypted in-transit and at-rest to prevent unauthorized access. Only the sender and receiver have access to the files.
What makes it the easiest way to receive files securely?
When we’re talking about the “easiest way to receive files securely,” we must consider these three factors:
How easy and convenient is it for you to receive files and your clients to send? Ideally, it should require the most minimal number of steps and time for both the sender and receiver.
How secure is it? The solution must be able to encrypt data to protect client information and help you comply with privacy regulations.
Can you receive large files? It can’t be the easiest way to receive “files” if you’re only able to receive small files from your clients.
Now, let’s break down some of the ways you’re receiving confidential files today:
- Email – email is the standard for correspondence and small file sharing with clients, however, it’s not a very good option when it comes to security. Files sent to you via email are normally unencrypted and can be easily intercepted by hackers and put confidential client information at risk. In addition, email doesn’t support large file sharing by default. Users of this platform are limited to file attachments of 25MB or less which means they can only send small files.
- Unsecured submission forms – most embed submission forms on websites don’t have built-in security meaning at no stage of the submission process are the files encrypted. Similar to email, files can be intercepted with files that are transferred through submission forms. Depending on how the form is integrated, it may or may not support large files.
- Courier – receiving files through courier may very well be one of the worst ways to receive files from clients. It can take days for delivery and when a package gets lost, you won’t know who has the confidential information. Your clients will also need to go out of their way to drop files off at a mailbox or post office. If they include storage devices for large files, the devices can be damaged during transit.
- In-person delivery – there’s nothing more cumbersome than making your clients personally deliver documents and files to you. With so many online solutions out there today, it’s unnecessary to have information hand-delivered to you.
Here’s a table to help you visualize the position of the methods above:
|Easy/Convenient||Secure||Large file sharing|
|Unsecured submission form||✓||–||?|
As you may notice, all of these methods are lacking in at least one of the following areas: ease-of-use/convenience, security, or large file sharing.
On the other hand, a good secure client portal excels in all three of these areas and is what makes this method the easiest way to receive files securely.
How you can start receiving files with a secure client portal
We invite you to give TitanFile a try. With a subscription of TitanFile, you gain access to its Secure Deposit Box feature which provides your clients with a secure and easy way to send files directly to you and your staff members.
Here’s how TitanFile’s Secure Deposit Box meets the requirements of the three factors we discussed above:
Ease-of-use – For you, it’s as simple as providing a link to your clients. For your clients, it’s as simple as them filling out a form and attaching files. No extra steps required for security!
Security – The submitted files are encrypted with military-grade encryption while in-transit and at rest.
Large files – Clients can upload gigabytes worth of files at blazing-fast speeds.
Our clients also love Secure Deposit Box for these reasons:
- It can be embedded onto your website and custom branded
- Your staff members get their own individual Secure Deposit Box links
- You receive notifications when files are submitted
Who should use this solution?
If you regularly receive confidential information and files from your clients, you should adopt a secure client portal. Lawyers, accountants, regulatory bodies, consultants, and healthcare professionals trust TitanFile to receive files securely from their clients using a Secure Deposit Box.