TitanFile Releases New Features
Posted by Tony Abou-Assaleh on June 23rd, 2015
We’re pleased to announce that new TitanFile features are live.
Many of these updates create a more intuitive interface. Others further solidify TitanFile as a leader in secure file sharing software. But they all improve user experience.
Here is a summary of the features:
Zero-Knowledge Security (Available Upon Request)
We’ve implemented browser-based encryption – a form of client-side encryption that is supported by all major browsers and is unique to TitanFile.
Without installing an additional program, a user’s browser will encrypt files before they’re sent through TitanFile. Users have complete control over the encryption key, ensuring messages and their contents are only viewed by intended recipients.
Not even TitanFile can penetrate files protected by zero-knowledge security.
TitanFile is now available in a French interface.
For organizations that operate across Canada – and especially ones based in Quebec or New Brunswick – a French interface ensures each employee can securely share files with confidence.
Shared Contact List
Administrators can now define contact lists that are shared across their organizations. A shared contact list will appear alongside each user’s private contacts.
This feature simplifies the process of managing a business’s core contacts, with whom each user must communicate.
New users within the business will be automatically added to the shared contact list. When administrators delete users, they will also be instantly removed from the list.
This feature can be toggled on and off, depending on your preference.
Users can now drag and drop contacts into folders.
By building a group folder, creating a Channel is easier. Instead of individually adding the same contacts to different Channels, users can add an entire group at once.
We’ve also made some minor changes, which are live:
- Mute Notifications
Users can mute the notifications they get from Channels.
- Add a User’s Organization
When adding users, there’s now a field to input their organizations.
This feature simplifies searching. You can search for contact by organization, as well as name and email address.
- Edit User Info
Administrators can freely edit user information without deleting and re-adding users.
- Password Policy
For Enterprise class users, TitanFile requires a minimum amount of characters in a password. There must also be a number, as well as both upper and lower case letters.
TitanFile locks users out for 30 minutes if a password is mistyped numerous times. And when users reset login credentials, they can’t re-use any of their previous four passwords.
We hope you enjoy these new features, which make TitanFile more secure and intuitive.
>> With secure servers in Canada, the U.S., and Europe, TitanFile helps organizations keep shared files private and comply with regulatory and jurisdictional requirements. Contact us today to learn more.
Like this post? You’ll also enjoy:
- Why Your BYOD Policy Must Include Secure File Sharing Software
- Don’t Compromise Between Security and Usability in Secure File Sharing Software
- China Hacks U.S. Government Servers: How Government Files Can Stay Secure
- Confidential Information Leaks and Your Employees - August 28, 2018
- TitanFile at ILTACON 2018 - July 24, 2018
- TitanFile and GDPR FAQ - May 22, 2018
- TitanFile Releases New Features - June 23, 2015
- TitanFile Enjoys Successful LegalSEC SUMMIT - June 18, 2015
- China Hacks U.S. Government Servers: How Government Files Can Stay Secure - June 10, 2015
- Why Your BYOD Policy Must Include Secure File Sharing Software - May 13, 2015
- Why Bill C-51 Increases the Importance of Secure File Sharing Software for Legal Professionals - May 8, 2015
- Don’t Compromise Between Security and Usability in Secure File Sharing Software - May 3, 2015
- TitanFile Presents Secure File Sharing Software to Legal and Insurance Professionals - April 30, 2015